Thursday, May 23, 2013

Kick-Ass Kick-Off to Summer

We had a great start to our summer today. I know that preschool has technically been out for a week, but it didn't seem official until everyone was out of school. Here is what we did today . . . 1. Decorated a teacher friend's garage door on the sly, for her start to summer.
2. Had a play date with our friends the Davidsons. So nice to get out the house and visit with an adult. I bet the kids think that play dates are for them. Ha! 3. Ate lunch outside with Dad! 4. Spend the afternoon reading on the front porch. 5. Was surprised with a new children's patio table from Grandma Vicki. The kids say they are going to eat every meal on it, which I am all for. I am tired of cleaning the table and sweeping everyday. Ok, who am I kidding, I don't sweep everyday.
6. Getting our first package of produce from the CSA we signed up for. We had fresh salad mix and asparagus from local farmers for dinner! 7. Feeding our kids 50 cent corndogs from Sonic for dinner. And of course, they ate them outside.
8. Playing out doors until bedtime. No one fought tonight over what they were going to watch on TV!! 9. Strawberries and Angel Food cake for desert. 10. Finish watching "This is 40." We already saw this in the theater, but started watching again last night. Needed some laughs!

No comments:

Post a Comment