Monday, August 13, 2012

What I Didn't Do Today

What I didn't do today, was go to work. I know that doesn't seem strange, considering that I have been home all summer with my children, but today was the first official day back for teachers and I wasn't there. I didn't get to catch up with my friends to see how their summer went. I didn't have to sit through boring meetings and the dreaded Blood Borne Pathogens video. I didn't have to arrange for childcare this evening tonight so that I could be at the school for Back to School Night. I also didn't have to get my children up at 6:30am to go to the baby-sitters where they would eat breakfast and lunch. Here is what I did do...* I snuggled with both my kids in bed after Moses work up crying for his Daddy. * I made a leisurely breakfast and read the paper. * I sat outside with my kids while they played for 2.5 hours with sticks, dirt, and spray water bottles. * I made my children lunch and prayed with them over it. * I put my kids down to nap and was there when they woke. * I made cupcakes and dinner for my kids, and then turned around and made dinner for my husband at 8:30, so that he can have a hot meal when he comes home from working a 13 hour shift with a two hour commute. * I thanked God for allowing me the opportunity to raise my children and enjoy every minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment